Family Support Center provides a number of opportunities for parents to be actively involved in their child’s treatment! We know that the largest gains come from having all who interact with the child working together and using the same strategies. This collaboration is instrumental in the success of our clients!
We offer a number of family activities throughout the year as well. These include trips to baseball games, family barbeques, and field days! It is always a pleasure to see our families form new social connections with other families.
Here at the Family Support Center, we want to involve the entire family! We have developed a sibling event that occurs each month for the siblings of our clients.
- Siblings are invited to the center outside of our usual business hours to interact with our equipment and materials.
- Siblings are grouped by age and led in activities and discussions by our clinical team.
Topics have included:
- How to include my sibling
- Advocating for my sibling
- How to cope with the schedule needed for my sibling
Sibling groups occur each month and we have a wonderful turn out!
For more information or to sign up, please contact 719-540-2108.
Parent Education Nights
Parents are invited to a discussion led by one of our BCBAs on topics such as:
- Food acceptance
- Toilet training
- Managing behavior problems
- Helping kids make friends
A free social group is available for children (clients and siblings) while parents are participating in the event.
Parent Support Group
- Each month one of our parents organizes a meet and greet for families at the Family Support Center.
- Parents are encouraged to attend, share feedback, and discuss ideas for our centers.
- Light refreshments are provided, and many lasting friendships are created!